2018 North Carolina Azalea Festival Boxing Applications
April 13-15, 2018
2019 North Carolina Azalea Festival's
41th Annual Boxing Tournament
Friday, April 5 - Sunday, April 7, 2019
Special Guest: 2019 North Carolina Azalea Festival Queen
Sanction Number: 2018 North Carolina Azalea Festival Boxing Tournament is held under the sanction of North Carolina USA Boxing Inc. 18-13-18609.
Date: April 5, 6, & 7, 2019 Host: Wilmington, North Carolina
Hotel & Registration: Budgetal Inn on 4903 Market Street Wilmington, NC 28405. Rate: $59.99 until April. (Need to Mention Boxing Rate)
Venue: Wilmington, NC Convention Center 515 Nutt St. Wilmington, NC 28401
Contact Person: Coach Andre Thompson, Cell- 910-622-5382, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or Kristen McKnight (910) 890-2312, firstname.lastname@example.org or Cassandra Barbra 630-373-2865 email@example.com
Entry Procedure: Must Pre-register on line with NC Azalea Festival Website. Entry Fee $10.00 before or on April 4, 2019
Online Entry Deadline: April 4, 2019. All online application & roster must be turn in by April 4, 2019
Online Registration: Log on to NC Azalea Festival Website. Online will close April 4, 2019, Boxers can also logon USA Boxing Website, & NC Azalea Festival Website..
Confirmation: All boxers name, age & number of bouts need to be text, email or call into Coach Andre.
Walk in/Paper Registration: $20 Entry Fee Friday April 4 at 5pm-8pm. Need to be early enough to be in draw.
Arrival Date, & Registration: Friday, April 4, 5pm-9pm at Budgetal Inn
Physical: Will start at 4:00pm-6pm at Host Hotel, Weigh-ins: 6pm-9pm Friday Night (No Weight-ins on Saturday), Physical: 4pm-6pm Friday Night, Drawing: 9pm after Registration
Event Day/Dates & Start Time: Saturday, April 6 at 2:00pm & Sunday, April 7 at 2:00pm
Weigh-In: Sunday, 8:00am to 10:00am at Hotel
NO registration on Saturday or Sunday! Boxers need to weigh in on Friday to be in the draw
Classification of Boxer:
Novice: Less than 10 Bouts, Open: More than 10 Bouts (Boxer can box in the open division with five bouts)
Youth /Men 17-18 & 19-40: 108,114,123,132,141,152,165,178,201,201+ (Three 3minute Rds.)
Youth /Women 17-18 & 18-40: 106,112,119,125,132,141,152,165,178,178+ (Three 3minutes Rds.)
Junior Men 15-16: 101,106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154,165,176, 176+
Female 15-16: 106,110,114, 119,125,132,138, 145, 154,165,176, 176+
Intermediate Boys & Girls 13-14: 101,106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154,165,176, 176+
8: must turn 8 by April 14, 2018
Master Division: 35-UP: 101-108,114,123,132,141,152,165,178,201,201+
- All athlete & coaches must have passbook. For boxers 2019 sticker & physical & red book for coaches with 2019 sticker.
- You can’t use the register profile (paper-work) in place of your passbook. All boxers must have a passbook before they enter the ring.
- Boxer must go online to preregister before April 4, 2019
- If Boxer misses online registration, they can due walk-in registration-5p-8p. $20 entry fee.
- Boxer& Clubs must also call, email, & text boxer’s roster in to Coach Andre Thompson 910-622-5382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
- Must commit weight on Wednesday night registration.
- All boxers will Weigh-in on Friday night.
- Boxers must commit to one (1) weight class at tournament registration (Check in) Weights are final.
- No weight allowance. All boxers must be on weight.
- Registration & Weight-in will be from 5pm-8pm on Friday Night.
- Awards will be giving out on Sunday with exception some awards will be giving out on Saturday.
- Scales will close promptly at 9pm.
- Age determination is based on the boxer’s age as of December 31, 2019 & Date of Birth.
- You must provide your own Headgear, Cup, & Equipment for boxer & corner.
- Championship Belts will go to 1st place Winner and medals or trophies will go to runner up.
- All Boxers must have passbook & up-to-date 2019 Sticker.
- NC Boxers & Coaches need to be current register before April 5, 2019.
- Please print receipt page & Confirmation Number.
- All boxers must be current register with USA Boxing.
- Mrs. Linda Williams will not being doing registration at event.
- Coaches & Clubs can now register their boxers under one club.
- All coaches must have Red Book! Passbook must show up-to-date clinic or pass clinic.
- Length of RDS: Male & Elite & Senior (18-40) 3-3 Minute Rd, Youth (16-17) 3-2 Minute Rds
- All Females age 17-& up 3 rounds 3 minutes.
- Age will be determined by Date of Birth.
- A Trail Scale will be available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to be a USA registered boxer? Yes! All Boxers must have a USA Boxing Passbook & current license.
- Do coaches have to be license? Yes! All coaches must have a current up-to-date license.
- Does the boxer have to be on weight? Yes! No weight allowances.
- Will there be a trial scale? Yes.
- Do all male boxers need to be clean shaven? Yes! Mustache and other facial hair off.
- Can more than two boxers from the same state be in the same weight division? Yes.
- Do boxers need to commit to weight on Friday night? Yes.
- Will weigh-ins be from 6pm-9pm on Friday night? Yes.
- Will brackets be posted after draw? Yes.
- How many boxers to a hotel room? They can have four boxers to a room.
- Will there be a curfew? Yes, there will be a 10pm curfew.
- Does headgear need to be used for all bouts? Yes.
- Do boxers have to weigh-in on Friday? Yes.
- Do boxers have to weigh-in on Sunday? Yes.
- Women 17-40: 3 Rds 3 Minutes
Direction to Hotel
From: (HWY I-40) Take 40 East into Wilmington, look to your left & you will s ee Corning Company on your left. You will be coming in on South College Rd & coming up on a Bridge. Slow Down on top of bridge & turn right at Sign HWY 17, coming off the bridge you will turn left & hotel will be on your Right. (Budgetal Inn )
From: (HWY 74-76) Take 74 East into Wilmington & Crossover bridge & make a left turn off the bridge onto 3rd St. Burger King will be in front of you on your left. Make left turn at Burger King and keep traveling down 3rd & make a right turn Market St. Stay in your right lane & travel down Market St. & hotel will be on your right.
From: (421) & all other direction you will follow the same direction at from above.